Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Borders on Sallie

Hello Everyone,

I really haven't been dragging my feet too much on finishing up Sallie's quilt. I've been waiting for the super queen wool batting to arrive at the shop. The batting arrived yesterday, so today I put the borders on before our company arrives. I'm teaching this class down at the shop next month, so I have to get this done and soon.

First she looked like this without her border...... ....then the black border was added.
Last but not least, another 6 inch red border was added and the quilt top is ready for the quilt machine when we get home. I love just about every phase of quilting....except for adding borders. It's the measuring and crawling around on the floor that I'm not too crazy about. Zinny always thinks it is time to play and jumps all around and over me while I'm trying to measure. I'm still trying to decide how I'm going to quilt this. I'm hoping for some inspiration in the next couple of days.

I had my drop-in Party in the Garden class on Monday night. Look how Evelyn made her flowers. She is going to stuff the flowers with fleece then quilt around the petals to achieve a 3-dimensional look.
Carol added some cute little brown center and yellow french knots on her trellis.
I love the little flowers on the garden gate too.


During class, we concentrated on making the hexagon flowers. Mary added little birds to her flowers. There was lots of creativity in the classroom!

Take care everyone and have a great week.
As always,
Lynn

1 comment:

soggybottomflats said...

I love the borders! I think they add so much. Thank you for sharing. If you have a few minutes I would apprciate an answer or two to my batting query. I am giving away a red, white and blue quilt kit with no strings! Come on over , thanks, Elaine