Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lotta' Quiltn' Goin' On

Hello Everyone,

Between my granddaughters quilting, the two classes I'm teaching next week, and almost finishing up the quilting on Sallie's quilt.....I'm pooped! I wanted to get the majority of Sallie quilted and get it off the machine before we left for the cabin for a couple of days. I still have to turn her and get the long borders quilted.

I can quilt feathers left and then right, but I don't do so well going up and down the quilt. So in most cases, I quilt from top to bottom, take the quilt off the machine and turn it. I took the quilt off the machine to let it rest (not to mention letting me rest) so the sides won't get their "knickers in a twist" before I get back to it in a couple of days.
I'm still planning to have it completely quilted by Monday night for the second part of the class. The binding is a whole 'nother story! I usually work on binding in the car.....but not on Sallie. She is so big, she would act like a permanent air bag and I'd be safe, yet I wouldn't have any room to move.....nor could the both of us fit in the front seat at the same time.

This is a shot of the back of the quilt. I'm liking the intricate design on the back. It is such a pleasant surprise when you turn the whole quilt over and view the secondary design on the back. Just one of those quilting "treats" that come along once in awhile that are completely unanticipated.

Well my friends, some yard work needs to be done up here at the cabin. My Toyland Tree quilt is taking on a new and improved look. Pictures will be arriving on your computer in the near future!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

As always,

Lynn




No comments: