Sunday, November 15, 2009

40 Days Until Christmas

Hello All,

It's not like I'm the bearer of bad news.....we all know the Holidays are right around the corner. I stood in my kitchen this morning looking at my calendar and started counting the number of days until Christmas.



So I decided to start my 40 days and 40 nights blogging challenge to myself. I'm going to try to blog each and every day until Christmas. The blog will contain recipes, projects, decorating ideas and just about anything that I'm doing to prepare for the Holidays.


The first thing I did was start a list of what I would like to accomplish in the next 40 days. Right at the top of the list was "Make a quilt for Austin." Austin is my 12-year-old grandson. He's been waiting not too patiently for a quilt that he can call his own.





I turned to my library of quilting books and remembered that I really liked a quilt in Snow Country by Lynette Jensen.





This quilt looks fast and easy and right now those two words, Fast and Easy are at the top of my vocabulary.



I went to my stash or SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy) and started pulling out every plaid, stripe, check, stripe and star that I could find. Austin likes to fish when he's up at the cabin so what better border than this fish fabric.


Here's Austin at the Blue Lake Springs fishing derby last year.


I started sewing strips together right away and before I knew it, the quilt started to come alive.




So check back and see the finished quilt in the next 40 days!

As always,

Lynn

No comments: